Why Now is a Good Time to Outsource
We’re delighted the Queen of Outsourcing, Rickie Josen, has penned us a piece on why outsourcing makes so much sense. Rickie should know. She’s the founder of Miss Jones Concierge that does all the jobs you shouldn’t be doing… keeping you focused on building a business.
Why should you be outsourcing?
Outsourcing is cheaper than having employees. Hiring costs time and money; salaries, National Insurance, holiday pay, bonus, sickness pay and benefits. As well as the time to train, develop and motivate staff.
Outsourced specialists know they are only as good as their last piece of work so they will produce top quality work every time to keep you as their long-term client.
Now is the time when you should be marketing, strategising and 'doing'. Outsourcing means someone else does the jobs you shouldn't be doing.
- Should you be doing data entry when your best skill is out networking with new contacts?
- Why are you chasing money when you should be maintaining an excellent working relationship with that client? Let someone else be Mr Nasty!
- Why spend time doing administration when that time can be spent talking to new or existing clients and building the business?
- How long does it take you to find newsletters and blogs that you need to read or to do online business networking?
- Will that time be better spent just reading what's perfect for you and just responding to great online contacts?
- Why organise the database when your priority is to write the new marketing plan?
Bad Hair Days
Outsourcing means there will always be someone available to support you. No sickness. No holidays. No paternity leave (but outsourcing will cover for yours). No hangovers and no bad hair days!
Access to a larger talent pool and a varied knowledge base
Outsourcing means an entire new department in your company; a team full of additional skills. If they don't have all the answers, they are very likely to have the resources to find the answer for you so you will also have improved knowledge.
In addition, they are likely to know of other contacts and services that can help you.
Outsourcing means you will gain access to their know-how which will save you time in the long run. For example, you can use their best practice or HR policies rather than developing your own or they can come in to teach your staff time saving tips or sales skills.
Catalyst for Change
Outsourcing can often mean a catalyst for major change that otherwise
may be very time consuming or not happen at all.
Of course, outsourcing means you can carry on working from home with no expensive office to run!
Rickie Josen is Founder of Miss Jones Concierge.
For more information on Remote Employment:
Call us on 0844 800 8355
Find Flexible Jobs Working from Home!